The computers in Paja are Kinect-ready. You can plug your Kinect and start working. However, if you’d like to work on your own Mac, here is an amazingly simple way to install OpenNI and NITE framework in Mac environment. With this method, it is even simpler than that of Windows. First off, you need to have Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
There is an installer file (see Install OpenNI the short way), if this doesn’t work for you, than you should install it the offical way.
1.1 Install OpenNI the short way (OpenNI v126.96.36.199 and NITE v188.8.131.52)
- Download the Installer
- Unzip the file and open a Terminal window
- Go to the unzipped folder ‘OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX’ by writing following code in terminal window and pressing enter
> cd /Users/yourComputerName/Downloads/OpenNI_NITE_Installer-OSX
- Start the installer by by writing following code in terminal window and pressing enter. It will ask you to enter a password which is your Mac’s password.
> sudo ./install.sh
1.2 Install OpenNI the official way
Those programs have to be on your system in order to install OpenNI:
- Install OpenNI
Open the terminal and type in those commands:> sudo port install git-core > sudo port install libtool > sudo port install libusb-devel +universal
> mkdir ~/Development/Kinect > cd Kinect > tar xvf OpenNI-Bin-MacOSX-v184.108.40.206.tar.bz2 > sudo ./install.sh
> mkdir ~/Development/Kinect > cd ~/Development/Kinect > mkdir OpenNI > mkdir Nite > cd OpenNI
> tar xvf OpenNI-Bin-MacOSX-v220.127.116.11.tar.bz2 > sudo ./install.sh
2. Install SimpleOpenNI Processing Library
- Copy the ‘SimpleOpenNI.zip’ into this folder:
- If you don’t have this folder then create it.